Sunday, March 28, 2010

Christ-likeness

I remember I had a friend (more of an acquaintance, actually) that I met about a year ago.

She was a friend of a friend. We got to know each other a little bit and I found that she is quite a cool person to hang out with. I know that she curses and talks dirty and ditch classes and does not bother to pass an exam, but she had a sense of humour and she's just that type of girl that can keep a conversation going.

I had fun talking to her, until she told me she was Christian. And she said it very very proudly. 

Think about this. If she were talking to a non-Christian, how would that person react? If it were me, I would think, "Whoa, this is how Christians go about?" I would have a very bad impression of Christianity.

As Christians, we should always watch how we talk and how we act. Because there are always people out there who wants to find fault in us and bring us down. They watch us and scrutinize every little detail. (Okay okay, maybe not to that extent, but still..)

Instead, we should always set a good example for others to see. Then maybe, just maybe, they'll want to give Christ a chance. 

So you see, acting Christ-like is also another way of sharing the Gospel. You are actually sort of telling your  classmates about Christ when you do all your work and have proper manners in class. 

Be the change that you want to see in the world
- Mahatma Ghandi.

This week, tell people about Christ by doing what is pleasing unto the Lord. 
Act and speak Christ-like, okay? 

=D